Monday 25 February 2008

.Recipe Monday.

These are definitely a family favourite. Mum has always made these cookies for us, they are that nice crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside kind. The mixture is sooo good too, I think we would eat more mixture than would be cooked! I have NEVER been able to make them like Mum does, until I moved into a house with a fan-forced oven. The oven is the key...so if you make them in an ordinary oven, they will still taste okay, but probably won't be crisp and chewy.

Only THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies ever

125g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
125g chocolate chips
60g walnuts (optional)

Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla.
Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition.
Mix in sifted flour and salt.
Add chocolate chips and walnuts, mix well.
Shape teaspoons of mixture into small balls, place on baking paper lined oven trays allowing room for spreading.
Bake in moderate oven 10-12 minutes.

5 comments:

Simone Triffitt said...

Oh yum! So is this the one you are bringing to Yummy Mummys. maybe we should make you bring 10 recipes instead of 1. :)

Tayla Joyce said...

Yumm ...
The question is ...
Are they better than Jackie and Mels?
Hmm thats the real test.
I'm happy to do a taste test for you. :P

whitneyraye said...

these look soo good. yourve inspired me to make some! doubt they will look or taste as good as your though tones.

Chelsea Parsons said...

me and the girls just made these Tone! I have a warm one in my mouth as I type! Thanks cause all my fave cookie recipes are still coming from the US... very similar to the one I have... yum!

Kate Jury said...

These are definately the best choc chip cookies i have ever made!!! they are SO yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails